Tuesday, November 29, 2016

A Thank You



In the words of Adele, "Hello, how are you? It's so typical of me to talk about myself; I'm sorry. I hope that you're well."

And it's true. I really, really do care about you. Life is overwhelming as always, full of decisions like marbles falling on cold tile I cannot scoop back up. But life isn't in sepia anymore. It is a rainbow I am reaching for with stronger arms every day. 

Before I try to start promising posts , telling my story at the moment, or describing my current mood, I just wanted to say thank you. 

I am a complete mess. Dirty. Laundry undone. Dishes left in a sink of lukewarm water. Clumsy as the tightrope I fell off when I tripped and lost my self-esteem. Unpredictable--a sunshower on a hot August day. A sponge, squeezing itself out, hands wringing my grievances and pains on your kitchen and all over your face. 

And you listen. You wear patience like a tailored jacket. You hold me in your pockets, polishing me as one does a gemstone, making me shine. You accept my offerings of dirt and borrowed fragment of star, the broken teeth and leftover honey. 

It is with salt, sediment and grain coming from my eyes, I say thank you. Thank you for your love, without which, I would be an empty, unvisited shoreline, a door overgrown with black mold. 

I cling to your coat tails. Don't walk too fast. 


You never do. 

Love,
MourningGlory
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment